>From IBM:

Right click on the blue background of the HMC.  Select Terminals, rshterm.

Rob,  Here is some info on the SNTP setup for the HMC. Use the MAN pages
for any explanation of the commands. Also you will want to check the
firewall on ETH1 and make sure that NTP is allowed.

To enable Network Time Protocol service (start the daemon on each boot)
       chhmc -c xntp -s enable

To add a Network Time Protocol server to the configuration file:
       chhmc -c xntp -s add mytimeserver.company.com

       Specify the hostname will not change firewall rule settings. It is
assumed  that
       the user will use the Customize Network Settings to change firewall
settings.
-or-
To add a Network Time Protocol server to the configuration file, using IP
address
       and at the same time enable firewall access through network
interface eth0:

       chhmc -c xntp -s add -a 10.10.10.32 -i eth0
<Rob's notes>.  I didn't use the -i eth0.  I stopped after the IP address
we use.</Rob's notes>

        Note:  Normally it is eth1 that is on the open network.  Also, if
you do not specify the eth0, use the customize network settings, lan
adapters, Details, firewall tab to enable NTP.

reboot the hmc after running each command to make sure daemon starts with
the updated configuration file.

3) Verification
hscroot does have read access to the configuration files.  If you are
interested , you can use ls, cat, tail commands to view directories and
files such as /etc/ntp.conf and /var/log/ntp or var/log/messages.  For
larger files, "cat" isn't practical but you can use scp or the sendfile
command to copy the file off or pipe the output of cat run in an external
ssh session so another editor can be used.

for example you can use
cat /etc/ntp.conf
to verify the NTP server name/ip address.

You can use
cat /var/log/ntp
and
cat/var/log/messages
to verify that the daemon started, the NTP server was contacted, etc.  For
large files you may have to use tail instead of cat.