I could never get TN5250 to compile under OSX 10.1 or 10.2 years ago.  I
downloaded FINK and did everything I thought I was supposed to and it never
compiled.  Since there is no OSX binary to download I gave up on this.
TN5250J I did try under OSX 10.2.8 and it worked great until I did a Java
upgrade through Apple System Updates and then response time went from sub
second per screen to 30-40 seconds so TN5250J did not like the newer version
of Java.  After that I tried Ericom's OSX 5250 Emulator for a 30 day trial
http://www.ericom.com/ptpr.asp and it worked awesome.  The price back then
was almost $200 per seat so I looked elsewhere.  I then tried Mochasoft's
TN5250 OSX Emulator http://www.mochasoft.dk/tn5250.htm and that worked good.
Only issue I have with it is screen prints are double spaced and I contacted
their customer support about this and they said they were aware of the issue
and that in a future release it would be looked at and maybe fixed.  Other
than that the Mochasoft Emulator works fine.  It costs $25 per seat or $250
for a site license.  So on my Powerbook now I am using the Mochasoft
Emulator and am happy with it minus the screen print issue.  So for free I
would try the TN5250J first and if it works for your system then great.  If
you want to try and compile TN5250 maybe the newer XCode tools will compile
it I don't know?  For a very reasonably priced commercial product I would
tray Mochasoft's product.  If anybody gets TN5250 compiled for PPC or
Universal please put it on the TN5250 site or E-mail me a copy as I'd be
interested in trying it out.

Hope this helps.