I am asking this question on behalf of my web developer, who does not belong
to any list related to the iSeries (even though he should in my mind).
Anyway, here goes nothing.  He would like to be able to something similar to
the following:
CREATE PROCEDURE CWMPINH.GETACTIVEITEMSKUS
(IN IN_COMPANY CHARACTER(3),
IN IN_OFFER CHARACTER(3))
RESULT SETS 1
LANGUAGE SQL
BEGIN

declare selectfromtable  CHARACTER(30);
set selectfromtable = 'realtablename' + IN_COMPANY;

DECLARE c1 CURSOR FOR

select IN_COMPANY as company
from  selectfromtable <-- this guy needs to be evaluated

OPEN c1;
SET RESULT SETS CURSOR c1;
END;

In the above he is attempting make the table in his procedure something he
declares & selects from on the fly because it will vary based on whether he
is going over our live or test data.  But the iSeries is fighting him over
this.

Can anyone help?

Debbie