Actually,

I believe I was mistaken about the SPCN cable.  It seems that the SPCN
is a daisy chain.

Here's were to see the connections for HSL & SPCN for i5 boxes:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r3s/topic/ipham/conne
ctorlocations.htm

For 270 and 8xx boxes, looks like the SPCN connect is labeled J15/J16.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343