You wouldn't use Kerberos to synchronize passwords.  For the iSeries your
Kerberos server is used as an alternate authentication service.  So when a
user authenticates to the iSeries with a Kerberos ticket the users OS400
password is never checked.  In fact, you can eliminate the users password
altogether (*NONE).

Kurt