midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   2. RE: Supplemental Groups (Ketzes, Larry)
>
>  This is admin'd at the profile level under the OWNER
>parameter in the user profile.  You can see what objects are currently owned
>by the profile by putting a 12 in front of the profile when working with it.

Though true in general, this isn't guaranteed. It seems that getting
non-QSYS.LIB objects involved can muck this up under some circumstances. I
haven't determined _what_ circumstances because no objects (in or out of
QSYS.LIB) show up in the list when it happens. And the QSYLOBJA API gives no
better info.

Oddly enough when it occurs, if I use DLTUSRPRF OWNOBJOPT(*CHGOWN FAKEUSER),
then FAKEUSER becomes the profile that can't be deleted because it owns some
unknown objects. Usually, all that's needed is to wait some time, maybe 10
minutes, maybe ??? minutes, and then DLTUSRPRF works.

When every higher priority is out of the way, I'll turn it over to IBM for
support.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this in the past, but it's more common recently due
to changes in my tasks. Lately, I've been running RSTLICPGM/DLTLICPGM and
creating/deleting numerous objects along with profile creation/deletion and
ownership assignment. I probably hit the scenario more than most. Others might
never see it.

Tom Liotta