Here is what it says in the TAATools:
CVTOUTQ        CONVERT WRKOUTQ TO A DATA BASE FILE      TAASPLC
-------        -----------------------------------      -------

The Convert Output  Queue command creates  a data base file  OUTQP with
one  record per  spooled file.   This  allows  you to  automate several
functions  involving spooled files.  The  API QUSLSPL is used to access
the information.

The typical command would be entered as:

   CVTOUTQ    OUTQ(xxxx) OUTLIB(QTEMP)

The command creates  a file named  OUTQP in QTEMP  with one record  for
each spooled  file.  You can  then read the  file in a CL  or other HLL
program.

There  is a limit of about 160,000  spooled files that can be converted
using CVTOUTQ.   If you have  more than this,  use the MOVSPLOUTQ  tool
to move  spooled files to  a different output  queue where they  can be
converted.

Command parameters                                    *CMD
------------------

   OUTQ          Specifies  a   qualified  name  for  the  OUTQ  to  be
                 converted.  The default library is *LIBL.

   OUTLIB        The library in  which the file  OUTQP will be  placed.
                 The default  is *LIBL.   If  the OUTQP  file does  not
                 already exist, a library must be specified.

   OUTMBR        The  member of  the OUTQP  file to  be  used.   If the

                 member  does not exist,  it is added.   The default is
                 OUTQP.

   REPLACE       A *YES/*NO  value  for whether  the  member should  be
                 cleared before  writing records into it.   The default
                 is *YES.

File format

The file name that is output is OUTQP.

Jim