Hi Lynette,

The DRAWER keyword is the correct parameter to override
because it describes where the paper comes from, as
opposed to the OUTBIN parameter, which describes where
it should go after the printing takes place.

I would suggest looking at the Device Description for PRT26.
You should verify that the value for the parameter Formfeed
is *AUTOCUT and not *CONT.

The Formfeed parameter is initially set to *TYPE, which should
automatically update to the correct value after the first print
job is passed to the printer. I believe the default value for
the parameter is continuous forms (*CONT) and I have encountered
situations during my career where the *CONT value appears
instead of *AUTOCUT for cut sheet fed laser printers.

When this happens, all application based source drawer
requests are directed to the printer's IPDS defined
default tray until the Formfeed parameter is changed.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant

E-mail: ptykodi@xxxxxxxxxx

>date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:15:39 -0500
>from: "Lynette Chronister" <Lynette.Chronister@xxxxxxxxxx>
>subject: CL printer issue
>
>Hello All:  Hoping this is the right place to ask this question.  If
>not, please direct me??
>
>Need something that is probably very simple that I am overlooking.
>I need a spool file to print from the second drawer of a Lexmark for
>only specific users who's default printer is PRT26.
>
>This is the CL code I currently have
>  DCL        VAR(&PRTR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
>  DCL        VAR(&USER) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
>
>  RTVJOBA    JOB(&JOB) USER(&USER)
>
>  RTVUSRPRF  USRPRF(&USER) PRTDEV(&PRTR)
>
>  IF         COND(&PRTR *EQ 'PRT26') THEN(OVRPRTF +
>               FILE(PRINT) OUTBIN(2))
>
>Ive also tried
>
> IF         COND(&PRTR *EQ 'PRT26') THEN(OVRPRTF +
>              FILE(PRINT) DRAWER(2))
>

>Lynette (Nettie) Chronister
>Programmer

Paul Tykodi