On 2/8/06, rob@xxxxxxxxx <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So is V5R4's new CL command, DCLPRCOPT, going to evolve into CL's version
> of RPGLE's H spec?
> Why not start out by having any option available to the command CRTBNDCL
> and CRTCLMOD in there?

my reaction to the Ted Holt article was to recognize the CL
enhancements as being very MI like.

V5R4 CL:
  dcl   &RcvVar        *char  70
   dcl     &BytesAvail  *int    4  stg(*defined) defvar(&RcvVar  1)
   dcl     &BytesRtn    *int    4  stg(*defined) defvar(&RcvVar  5)

S/38 MI:
  dcl dd RcvVar char(70) ;
  dcl dd  BytesAvail bin(4) def(RcvVar) pos(1) ;
  dcl dd BytesRtn  bin(4) def(RcvVar) pos(5) ;

Using a compiler directive to set the size of the call stack is a
throwback to the days of  machine code:
   DCLPRCOPT  SUBRSTACK(180)

-Steve