Hi Yivi

>> Now I tried SBMing the job manually. And there, again, it would fail even
>> if I said that it should use IVAN/ILYTEST jobd. The strange thing (for
>> someone as clueless as myself) is that some of the parameters of the jobd
>> are being considered. E.g.: the program is submitted in the proper queue
>> as dicated by the jobd (QSBSTRA) and not in the default one (QBATCH). But
>> the library list seems to be disregarded in some way...

Sounds to me like the job scheduler isn't specifying INLLIBL(*JOBD) when it
does the SBMJOB.  Have you checked to see what the default is on the SBMJOB
command?

On a command line prompt the SBMJOB command, press F9 and then page down to
the library list entry.  If it shows anything other than *JOBD then that's
your problem and you can:

a) Change the default for the command:

        CHGCMDDFT CMD(SBMJOB) NEWDFT('INLLIBL(*JOBD)')

b) Change your program so that it does an ADDLIBLE MMAIL before making the
   call it's failing on, or

c) Put the MMAIL utility in QGPL or your own "system" library that exists in
   the system portion of the library list.

Hope it helps

Jonathan