With all this talk of V5R4, I'm sorry but I need to go old school for
a minute.  I'm running V5R2 on my 810.  I added some disk about a
month ago to ASP3.  As a result I get another directory added
under /dev called QASP03.  This directory is owned by QSYS just like
the other two ASP directories QASP01 and QASP02.  I created a UDFS
under QASP03 called MikeTest.UDFS which ,as a result, my ID owns.  I
also created a directory off the root of the IFS called MikeTest which
I own as well.  I mounted the MikeTest.UDFS to the MikeTest directory
with the MOUNT command (MOUNT TYPE(*UDFS) MFS
('/dev/qasp03/MikeTest.UDFS') MNTOVERDIR('MikeTest').  That operation
completes ok.  From my Windows XP machine, I open a Windows Explorer
window, select a test directory on my C: drive by right clicking on it
and select CUT.  In the same Windows Explorer window I navigate to my
Q: drive which is mapped to the root of my IFS.  There is a Read/Write
share to the root (only for the length of this test).  I click on the
MikeTest folder on the left and nothing is displayed on the right.  In
the right pane I right click and select PASTE.  The contents of the
directory and its subdirectories are successfully pasted.
  I then right click in the left pane on the new subdirectory under
MikeTest and select CUT.  In the same Window I try to paste to another
directory off the root (MikeTest2 - Which my ID owns) I get access
denied - Make sure disk isn't write protected, blah blah blah.
  I deleted the contents of my MikeTest folder (the mounted directory
over the UDFS) and try cutting and pasting from my C: drive to the
other directory, MikeTest2 and that works.  If I try to take the
subdirectory I just pasted under MikeTest2 and paste it to MikeTest
(mounted over UDFS), I get access denied.

Anyone else get this problem?

My ID has *ALLOBJ athority but I know in the IFS that might not be
what is on OS/400 side.  The only directory that my ID doesn't own and
thereby have explicit rights to is /dev which is *PUBLIC *RW with no
Object authorities defined.

Thanks in advanced for any thoughts or experiences.

m.