Forgive me Marty as I root around in my brain for old data.  IIRC, Unix OS's
can run multiple shells (C shell, Bourne, bash, Korn) and each shell is
different.  The syntax differences between these shells are pretty radical.
And then different flavors of Unix have different commands; not all Unix
variants share the same names for all utilities.

So I guess my point is that QShell is just another shell, and AFAIK the PASE
shell is actually much more compliant to other *nixes (I think PASE is a
POSIX compliant shell).

Anyway, just tossing in some random thoughts.  I pretty much stick with
QShell myself, I haven't done more than dabble about in PASE.

Joe