From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Antonio
Fernandez-Vicenti
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:14 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: STATUS mesage problem

Problem: OPNQRYF  will send Status a message telling how many records it

is reading and selecting...
I want to send, instead, my own message of  'Please, wait...'

Searching thru the archives I came to one that explained how to avoid
OPNQRYF message, by issuing a
   CHGJOB STSMSG(*NONE)

My test program looks like :

    PGM
G:     CHGJOB     STSMSG(*NORMAL)

        SNDPGMMSG  MSGID(CPF9898) MSGF(QCPFMSG)                  +
                         MSGDTA('Please, wait...') TOPGMQ(*EXT) +
                         MSGTYPE(*STATUS)

G:     CHGJOB     STSMSG(*NONE)

A:     OVRDBF     RCM  FERNANAN/RCM SHARE(*YES)
        OPNQRYF    FILE((RCM)) QRYSLT('CCUST *EQ 2089')

        CALL       PRUSTSMSGR       <--- RPG pgm that will process data

        CLOF       OPNID(RCM)

C:     CHGJOB     STSMSG(*NORMAL)
    ENDPGM

So, I'm trying to send my "Please wait..." message, then do the OPNQRYF

    * If I leave the B-tag line as shown, then NO-status messages,
      neither mine, nor OPNQRY's, will be shown. This seems normal,
      although not what I want, of course.

    * If I remove that same line, then my message shows for a moment,
      then OPNQRYF's message overlaps mine. Normal also...

But

    * In this same case, even if I move my own SNPPGMMSG just before the
      RPG program, i.e. below the OPNQRYF line, the same happens (my
      message shows first for a moment, then OPNQRYF's message) since (I
      guess) the real Open of the OPNQRYF does not take place really
      until RPG really opens it.

So, the question is, hown can I "replace" OPNQRYF's status message with
my own message?

TIA

--
Antonio Fernandez-Vicenti