Vern,

The Application Administration support uses the User Function Registration
APIs to manage the functions. The functions are actually registered in the
iSeries Exit Point Registration Facility. (See the description of the
QSYRGFN API if you want more information.)  Starting in V5R3 the WRKFCNUSG,
CHGFCNUSG, and DSPFCNUSG CL commands use some of those same APIs to allow
the functions to be managed from a command line.

In theory any application can uses these APIs to register their own
functions. Security enforcement (and auditing) is done when the application
uses the QSYCKUFU or QsyCheckUserFunctionUsage API to determine if a user
is authorized to use a part of the application that is secured by the
function.

Some (all?) of the functions used by iSeries Navigator are only registered
in the Registration Facility on the first use of Application
Administration. Others functions such as QIBM_ACCESS_ALLOBJ_JOBLOG  (Access
job log of *ALLOBJ job) and QIBM_SERVICE_DUMP (Service dump) are registered
when the operating system is installed.

Ed Fishel

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@xxxxxxxxxx