Hi Guys,

  I don't think the decision makers want to dig very deep. They are going to
look at the the
situation from what they perceive is the correct data for a long term
platform/erp strategy. They
will think because they cannot walk out to a local university and recruit an
RPG programmer that
the system is dying.   I see this analysis as an argument to justify investing
in a new platform.
They will probably also reason that older workers will demand better salaries
than their younger
counter parts.  If you give managment an opportunity to build a case then the
platform will get
dumped even though there is not really a valid business need.  Maybe this is a
symptom of lack of
desire to generate value with existing tools? I guess utilizing existing tools
is not as glamorous
as shiny new shrink wrap.

 Vance