Subject: RE: iSeries ads taken over by xSeries

Trevor,

No disagreeing with that you say, but our "IBM Marketing Rep" leaves me
voices mails say she is our AS/400 contact...

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Trevor Perry

It seems like the faithful strike again! Why is there always such a negative

spin on our world? If WE - the supposed faithful - keep demeaning and
running down the platform - and keep calling it an AS/400, how will there
ever be progress?

I see it like this. We had NO tv ads, now we do. They took the concept of
server consolidation from IBM marketing and used it to sell iSeries. Great
first step! Give them time, and I suspect we shall see more and more iSeries

differentiation. Besides, we only saw Plan B in October at COMMON - does
everything have to happen in a single quarter?

Remaining a skeptic about the iSeries will mean that outsiders will not want
to migrate here. If we keep the noise positive, then we can help IBM sell
the concept of iSeries differentiation, and our future will be assured!!