There has GOT to be a way that an advertising agency can make the point? Perhaps Sherlock Holmes, and the dogs that aren't barking?

fbocch2595@xxxxxxx wrote:
The only way it would have gotten more of mention is if it did NOT perform perfectly! -----Original Message-----
From: Ingvaldson, Scott <SIngvaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:38:12 -0600
Subject: AS/400 mentioned in Oreck D/R story

The AS/400 (not iSeries!) was mentioned a couple of times in this D/R
story in CIO Decisions magazine.  Unfortunately, since the AS/400 part
of the plan worked as designed it was NOT the major focus of the
article.
I've always thought that a major cause of the identity problem the
iSeries line seems to have is a Low Profile due to being Boringly
Reliable.
See:
http://searchcio.techtarget.com/magItem/0,291266,sid19_gci1154418,00.htm
l  (registration required)
<Excerpt>
Evanson looked into syncing up the New Orleans data center with Boulder
over the network, but the volume of data and the system architecture
ruled out that possibility. Turning off the system, running backup tapes
and restarting again was the only practical option. That, too, was
complicated. Getting the tapes to New Orleans proved difficult: Flights
to the city were still limited, and cancellations common. A full backup
of the AS/400 also takes eight hours, and twice that time for a second
set of tapes. It would take another day to get everything back up and
running. All of which meant that Oreck would have to go offline for
three days.
</Excerpt>
Regards, Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group
PS If anyone is interested in my advice for the above situation: In
the event of an Actual Disaster run with your first set of tapes and get
started!  Have the second set sent after you.  By the time you find out
if you actually need the second set it should be on its way.  Besides,
sending both sets on the same transport is a disaster waiting to
happen...

DISCLAIMER:
This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. ?? 2510-2521, and contains information intended for the specified individual(s) only. This information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, copying, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.