From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ingvaldson, Scott
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 2:01 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Iseries Navigator Message Monitor

I did it like this:

 MGTCPAGE:   PGM        PARM(&PAGER &DATE &TIME &TXT)

             DCL        VAR(&DATE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)

             DCL        VAR(&TIME) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)

             DCL        VAR(&PAGER) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)

             DCL        VAR(&TXT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4000)

             DCL        VAR(&MSGTXT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4011)

             DCL        VAR(&SRLNBR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)

             DCL        VAR(&SYSNAME) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(9)

             DCL        VAR(&HOUR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(2)

             DCL        VAR(&DECHOUR) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(2)

             DCL        VAR(&QDOW) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)

/* ****************************************************************** */

/* ***********************GLOBAL ERROR HANDLER*********************** */

/* ****************************************************************** */

             DCL        VAR(&MSGID) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)

             DCL        VAR(&MSGKEY) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(ERROR))
/* ****************************************************************** */

/* Retrieve the system SN & add the system name to the message text.  */
             RTVSYSVAL  SYSVAL(QSRLNBR) RTNVAR(&SRLNBR)
             IF         COND(&SRLNBR *EQ ' 10xxxxx') THEN(CHGVAR +
                          VAR(&SYSNAME) VALUE('Test System'))

             IF         COND(&SRLNBR *EQ ' 10xxxxxx') THEN(CHGVAR +

                          VAR(&SYSNAME) VALUE('Prod System'))

             CHGVAR     VAR(&MSGTXT) VALUE(&SYSNAME *BCAT &TXT)

/* Don't page me for Response Time messages on weekends!              */
             RTVSYSVAL  SYSVAL(QDAYOFWEEK) RTNVAR(&QDOW)
             IF         COND(&QDOW *EQ '*SAT' *AND %SST(&TXT 1 3) +
                          *EQ 'R/T') THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(SNDMSG))
             IF         COND(&QDOW *EQ '*SUN' *AND %SST(&TXT 1 3) +
                          *EQ 'R/T') THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(SNDMSG))

/* Don't page me after 10pm or before 7am!                            */
             RTVSYSVAL  SYSVAL(QHOUR) RTNVAR(&HOUR)

             CHGVAR     VAR(&DECHOUR) VALUE(&HOUR)

             IF         COND(&DECHOUR *LT 07) THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(SNDMSG))

             IF         COND(&DECHOUR *GT 21) THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(SNDMSG))

             SBMJOB     CMD(SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET(((&PAGER +

                          *TCAT +

                          '.beeper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'))) +

                          DSTD(MESSAGE) LONGMSG(&MSGTXT)) +

                          JOB(MGTCPAGE) JOBQ(QPGMR) SCDDATE(&DATE) +

                          SCDTIME(&TIME)

             GOTO       CMDLBL(END)

 ERROR:      RCVMSG     PGMQ(*SAME) MSGTYPE(*ANY) MSGKEY(*NONE) +

                          WAIT(0) KEYVAR(&MSGKEY) MSGID(&MSGID)

             SNDUSRMSG  MSGID(&MSGID) MSGF(QCPFMSG) MSGTYPE(*INFO) +

                          TOMSGQ(mymsgq)

             GOTO       CMDLBL(END)

 SNDMSG:     SNDUSRMSG  MSG(&MSGTXT) MSGTYPE(*INFO) TOMSGQ(mymsgq)

 END:        ENDPGM

Then create a command similar to this one:

CMD        PROMPT('Management Central Page')
PARM       KWD(PAGER) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7) CHOICE('Pager +
             number') PROMPT('Enter Pager Number(no +
             dash)')
PARM       KWD(DATE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8) DFT(*CURRENT) +
             CHOICE('Date, *CURRENT') PROMPT('Enter Date')
PARM       KWD(TIME) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8) DFT(*CURRENT) +
             CHOICE('Time, *CURRENT') PROMPT('Enter Time')
PARM       KWD(TXT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4000) +
             CHOICE('Text') PROMPT('Enter Text')

Compile and put both in QUSRSYS on all your systems, then put commands
like this in your monitor:

MGTCPAGE PAGER(5551212) TXT(' > 95%')
MGTCPAGE PAGER(5551212) TXT('R/T > 1 second')

You'll get messages like this:

Test System  > 95%
     and
Prod System R/T > 1 second