Why would you ever go to level 50?
You organization is just a retailer.

--
Doug Hart

Subject
Security level 50

A couple years ago our Sys Admin thought it would be fun if she brought
our system to security level 50.  I didn't give it much thought, and she
was able to do it without breaking any software, and was able to
implement it without service interruption and without a test server.

Our auditors love it.

We've got some folks (I current employee formerly from IBM, and an IBM
iSeries Domino consultant) raising their eyebrows over it.  They say
that there's probably some pretty heavy performance drag as a result of
going from security level 30 or 40 to 50.  I'm still digging through the
iSeries documentation site.

Anyone have any experiences, knowledge, or conjecture on the subject?

-Jim

James P. Damato
Manager - Systems Administration
Dollar General Corporation