Yes you can do it that way.  I have no idea what those *SVRSTG objects you
are are.  But you're running on a much older version of OS than I am.

We only backup the /qfpnwsstg directory every 8 weeks.  Granted it is nice
to restore a whole server this way.  However you cannot restore an
individual file on the server this way.  For example if user XYZ says I
need file YearEnd.xls restored to the server you'd have to restore the
whole server.  Which would then lose any new changes to a plethora of
other files.  What we use to backup these servers is TSM or Tivoli Storage
Manager.  And if you buy certain enterprise packages of i5's then you get
TSM.  The only problem is that the (obscenity deleted) at IBM have decided
that i5/os is only a stepping stone to Linux and Unix.  They suggest that
you put a linux or unix partition on your i5 to run TSM.  The problems
with the i5/os version of TSM are:
1 - The version of TSM that still runs underneath i5/os is quite obsolete.
 The newer versions are not being made for i5/os.
2 - The version of TSM that still runs underneath i5/os uses PASE.  And
the PASE api's to talk to tape are crippeled.  We only get 1/3 the rated
speed of the tape drive when running underneath PASE.  IBM is aware of
this issue but they don't care.

Gee, I paid extra for an enterprise package with my i5 to get TSM.  But
that TSM doesn't work under i5/OS.  Will you kiss me first IBM?

Despite my dissatisfaction with the direction of TSM and i5/OS, TSM is
really a great product and our help desk uses it a lot to restore files
on:
- IXS based servers
- standalone servers
- clients