I'm aware of the performance differences.  Which is one of the reasons I
chose to use a DDL table instead of a DDS file.

However, same doesn't have to mean "exactly the same".  When it comes to
DDL tables vs. DDS files, I'm think more along the lines of an OO
polymorphic relationship.  DDL tables and DDS files are the "same" in
the sense that a "new" DDL table can be used in place of a "old" DDS
file.  I believe that IBM has been basically saying this.

In any event, what my trigger does is add a record another file when a
record is added to the file with the trigger.

I've tried duplicating the referenced objects, (another trigger the
trigger reads a value from, a couple of SQL UDFs, and the table the
trigger outputs to ) but it hasn't helped.

In addition, IBM has copies of the source for the table, the trigger,
and the referenced objects, that I assume they've been working with.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121