Thanks to all that have contributed to this.
  For sure, more of us will do their advantage from it.... Or is every one
already using WDSc to its full extend??
  This morning we took some time to discuss things with the team.
  We concluded that there are several valuable points in them that we know of
(part of  the training) but simply do not use.
  Also was concluded that often the pressure of work made that there is no time
to investigate possibilities and therefor is chosen for the quickest known way
of work.
  To solve this and minimize that time involved we have named a person that
will get time to investigate and document things and make them available in
short 'HowTo' items to the team.
  I'm sure there are more people/company's that have done this.
  I can even imagine that there are comprehensive documents aimed on this kind
of things where we do not know of.
  Who has, who knows, who cares to share?
  We would be much obliged.

  Kind regards,
  Eduard Sluis.

Jon Paris <Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  >> Who can tell me what I do wrong!

I can't tell you what _you_ are doing wrong, but I can tell you the mistakes
I most often encounter.

0) Stubbornly insisting on using WDSC as if it were PDM. It's not - you
need to use it like WDSC.

1) Not using the program verifier, but saving and then compiling.

2) Closing the member after edit as you would with SEU (you should keep it
open until you know you are through)

3) Only having one source open at a time (what a waste of time when the
display, PF, printer and other sources could all be instantly available)

4) Not using iSeries projects to full advantage to enable source for current
work to be stored locally (fast open)

5) Not using filters to reduce the size of member lists built (or failing to
realize that you can simply request a specific member)

6) Not using the Overview to navigate through the program

7) Not using the view selection and filtering options

8) Lack of familiarity with the keyboard shortcuts e.g. Ctrl+M for skip to
begin/end of control block.

9) Underestimating time savings because waiting for download is a more
easily remembered factor than how you saved 5 seconds here and ten there and
45 there and ...

10) Not using code completion (Ctrl+Space) to help with variable and
function names.

11) Not using the help system

If you want more suggestions than this I suggest we take this to the WDSC
list.

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com