It is not just stubbornness Tom, it has a lot to do with how our business
operates, what our goals are and what is the most cost effective way to
reach them.  Most of the web / graphical products I have seen require
webshpere development studio which I personally consider a bloated hog of
resources.

Some companies might not mind spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a
i5, however I do not have that large a budget to work with and I have an
obligation to balance what we have available with what will get the job
done.  Obviously we are not totally opposed to the web as we are planning on
converting a 170 to a web portal for our customers and employees....it is
just that from a business perspective, 5250 still meets our needs for the
foreseeable future; the extra resources we would need to spend to "webify"
are better used in other parts of our operations.

Our business (internally) is one that does not require fancy screens, mouse
moves, popup windows, etc..  Our experience has also been that when you give
such options to most (notice I did not say all) users they will invariably
waste 15% of their computing time moving the mouse around, etc.  Yes, I am
well aware that one can programmatically allow the user to use the tab key
or field exit to move from field to field but I know from personal
experience watching end users they will grab that mouse and waste time.  It
is a distraction in my opinion.

Of course you are free to formulate your own opinion and even disagree with
me, or anyone else for that matter, this is just one man's opinion.
Stubbornness? I would politely disagree, it is what fits our business needs.

Douglas

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:35:51 -0800, Tom Jedrzejewicz wrote