COMMON is contracted out for several years with various convention bureaus.

Frequently when you run a conference, you make the reservation with the
city's convention bureau, which provides a function called "heads on beds".
Then when the time draws nearer (e.g.: 2 years) they hook you up with the
hotel(s).  A hotel hook up may have been assigned earlier, but that's
typically tentative.  For example when COMMON was in Las Vegas in 1991, in
two hotels across the strip from each other, people hated it.  So when we
went back, they had moved us to the Hilton/Convention Center, which were
adjacent.

The current schedule is as follows:

Spring 2006       March 26 - 30, 2006 COMMON          Minneapolis,
Minnesota
Fall 2006   September 17-21, 2006 COMMON  Miami Beach, Florida
Spring 2007       April 29 - May 3, 2007 COMMON             Anaheim,
California

With regard to New Orleans, although I loved that city, it may be years
before it is ready for more conferences.  The hotels are re-opening, but
are all short of workers.  Ditto for the restaurants.  Most of the city has
a stark mold problem.  I look forward to going back to the New Orleans that
I remember, but it may be a long while.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             Mark Allen
             <allenmar@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             11/23/2005 09:12                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: Where next for COMMON?

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion