Wow, that had to be a bad day even though you hadn't done anything ! And
then all the hassle of the legal stuff.

I had a similar incident when I was 17. Not sure what order to tell this in.

I was at a friends house and there was a knock at the door. We were just
hanging out, doing nothing illegal or anything. He asked if I could get the
door and I said sure. I open the door and this long haired (and mine was not
short back then), bearded guy in scruffy clothes sticks a chrome plated 357
magnum in the middle of my forehead and said "Move and I'll blow you brains
out" and out of the corner of my eye I see guys with weapons with the
military stocks busting in the back door. Another guy grabbed this guy and
told him to know if off. My friends father ran a very successful air freight
company (this was back in the mid 70's) and I thought at first maybe someone
was trying to rob them until the guy that told the other one to knock it
off, showed me a badge and told me what was going on. They ended up
apologizing all over them selves (well not the jerk that jammed the gun in
my forehead) and told me I could leave. I slowly walked out the door, around
a turn in the street and SPRINTED home (about 1/8th of a mile).

Found at latter what had happened. My friends sister was dating a hood. This
guy and another guy had been hired by a local pub to "rob them" and they did
that. The pub called it in as these guys were leaving (thinking there would
be plenty of time) but as luck would have it a sheriff's deputy was driving
right by the place and got the call ! And these jerks tried to shoot him.

So these undercover detectives were in a pretty jazzed up mood when they hit
the house looking for my friends sisters boyfriend...

And boy of boy was there father (a native of Chicago) not happy...

Chuck