Vern,

I should do some testing as well, with reference to another thread I claimed I
had difficulties filling an DDS based file, using SQL/400 or Qurey/400.

My assumption is based on the arguments that B fields (binary) are not I fields
(integers).

When uploading data with ODBC from a PC to the iSeries I instructed them to
pass numeric values as NUMERIC (= Zoned), instead of DECIMAL (= packed) or
INTEGER, as I am not certain if ODBC will do a correct translation/data mapping.

And I do not think it has to do with "all 9s in a 4 byte integer", as an
integer has a limited range of values (-32k to +32k)

Perhaps others can shed some light, as well.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler