I have the following scenario :

I have created DDM file ABCPF  in AS400 system ABC400.

The actual data is present in ABCPF in AS400 system XYZ400.

After giving the command CHGDDMTCPA AUTOSTART(*YES) PWDRQD(*NO) in the system
ABC400 I am able to get the data from XYZ400.

But when I change the command to CHGDDMTCPA AUTOSTART(*YES) PWDRQD(*YES)

I am not able to get the data inspite of giving the following command in the
System ABC400.

ADDSVRAUTE USRPRF(TESTDDM) SERVER(XYZ400) USRID(TESTDDM) PASSWORD('PASS123')

The error message which I get is given below.

                         Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF9190
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   26/10/05      Time sent  . . . . . . :   13:51:25

 Message . . . . :   Authorization failure on DDM TCP/IP connection attempt.

 Cause . . . . . :   A connection attempt failed with reason code 17. The
   reason codes and their meanings are as follows:

   17 -- The security mechanism requested by the client is not supported or
     allowed at the server.
 See recovery information below.
   22 -- Security processing at the client failed.
 Recovery  . . . :   Correct the problem indicated by the reason code if
   possible, and attempt to connect again.  A common cause for reason code 17
   is that the server requires a password but the client sends only a user ID,
   or the server requires an encrypted password and the client did not send an
   encrypted password.  The AS/400 DDM server can be configured to not require
   a password or an encrypted password by using the CHGDDMTCPA CL command.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Regards,

Adi