Opps .... You are right ... I misread the table ... Oh well, what can I say?
<smile> Please disregard my entire posting ...

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces+keg=nwnatural.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+keg=nwnatural.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Wes
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:51 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SQL Optimizer Issue

Actually the defaut is *NO.

>From V5R3
(http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?lang=en)

 DEFAULT
The default value is the same as *NO.

*YES

 Allow the SQE optimizer to ignore the derived index and process the query.
The resulting query plan will be created without any regard to the existence
of the derived index(s). The index types that are ignored include:
  a.. Keyed logical files defined with select or omit criteria and with the
DYNSLT keyword omitted
  b.. Keyed logical files built over multiple physical file members (V5R2
restriction, not a restriction for V5R3)
  c.. Keyed logical files where one or more keys reference an intermediate
derivation in the DDS. Exceptions to this are: 1. when the intermediate
definition is simply defining the field in the DDS so that shows up in the
logical's format and 2. RENAME of a field (these two exceptions do not make
the key derived)
  d.. Keyed logical files with K *NONE specified.
  e.. Keyed logical files with Alternate Collating Sequence (ACS) specified
  f.. SQL indexes created when the sort sequence active at the time of
creation requires a weighting (translation) of the key to occur. This is
true when any of several non-US language IDs are specified. It also occurs
if language ID shared weight is specified, even for language US.
*NO

Do not ignore the derived index. If a derived index exists, have CQE process
the query.

MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx