The only other thing I can think of is in the LINKSYS. There are a coupe
of Checkboxes to allow PTPP and IPSEC vpn traffic.  I don't remember  the
exact place in the LINKSYS but those boxes need to be set to ALLOW. If
they are not set that way, the VPN will connect but won't pass traffic.

_____________________
Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified i5 Solution Sales
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions
Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      www.manageinc.com

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Jim Essinger <esinger@xxxxxxxx>
10/16/2005 10:28 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: V5R3 iSeries Access ports needed for VPN from home

   Kirk,

   Thanks for your reply.  I agree that I should not have to open any
ports.
   I have a confirmed connection to the SonicWall fire wall, I have looked
at
   it from the AS/400 network side.  The VPN shows activity when trying to
   connect the iSeries Access 5250, but there is no response and it times
   out.  I have been working on this now for about 6 weeks (from home and
   when I have time) and have not been able to get it going.  Like I said
in
   my original email, I have simply changed the fire wall on my home
network
   from a Dlink to a  LinkSys.  I am now at a loss, as all else I can
think
   of has remained the same.

   I have tried opening port 449, as well as 23 (normal telnet port) and I
   get the same results.  When I had the Dlink active, I was able to ping
the
   AS/400 from home when the VPN was active. I get no response when I try
   now.

   I really don't want to go back to the Dlink as it has less security
than
   the LinkSys.

   I guess that I will continue to poke and prod my way around this
problem
   until I give up due to frustration, or find the solution.

   Thanks again for the link - it is what I was looking for, but for some
   reason could not find.

   Jim