To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: What software IBM uses

It's been a year since I was at Rochester but when we were there we were
informed that all IBM worldwide manufacturing facilities (i, p, x, z, etc.)
were running on iSeries bunkered in Rochester.  The manufacturing software
was MAPICS.  I think it was running on a cluster of 3 systems - failover,
global usage, etc.

Michael Crump
Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us
from the support of a cause we believe to be just"  Abraham Lincoln

            dr2@xxxxxxxx
            Sent by:
            midrange-l-bounce                                          To
            s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Midrange Systems Technical
                                      Discussion
                                      <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
            10/14/2005 01:07                                           cc
            PM
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: What software IBM uses
            Please respond to
            Midrange Systems
                Technical
               Discussion
            <midrange-l@midra
                nge.com>

Al,

Isn't Rochester still using MAPICS?

Don in DC

Thanks to personnel turn-over, I am getting some magazines at the office
that former co-workers used to get.  One of them is Manufacturing
Business
technology Magazine www.mtbmag.com whose October issue has an article
page
24 on what software is used by companies like IBM to run THEIR
business.  You guys probably familiar with this stuff, but it was news to
me what software IBM uses.  (Hint, it does not come from IBM.)
* SAP R/3 for ERP
* i2 Technologies for $45 billion Supply Chain

The article does not talk about, but we suspect for IBM web design
* Latest crud, quality not important

-
Al Macintyre  http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor ... see