It sounds like somethings wrong with either the domain setup on the server,
or it's not resolving it's host name correctly to an IP address.  Check to
see that you have an entry in your local host table that specifies the IP
address assigned to MARINE (if DNS is involved, verify that piece is
correct also).  You can check the items by doing what's suggested in the
message detail below (CFGTCP Opt 12 and Opt 10).

I've seen a similar issue where SMTP startup would fail intermittently
during STRTCP because the server didn't have a listing for itself in the
local host table.  It was starting SMTP before DNS was up and failing to
resolve its own name.

             "Sannan Solberg"
             <ssolberg@washcor
             p.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion"
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             10/14/2005 01:09                                      Subject
             PM                        Printers Die for No Reason

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

I've got an oddity I just can't figure out.  We've got lots of printers
(LAN and RMT flavors) of various types and models.  For quite awhile
now, I have found 2 printers that just plain stop for no apparent
reason.  They are totally different types of printers as well.  Each
time they produce a joblog which show things working just fine up until
I get the message in the log below.  Each time, we just fire the writer
back up and things print just fine.  Sometimes it goes days without
stopping, sometimes a few times PER day.  I'm convinced connectivity is
being interrupted to the printers somehow but I can't see how.  Can
anyone shed some more light on this error message?  Thanks in advance.

                             Display Spooled File

File  . . . . . :   QPJOBLOG                         Page/Line   72/36

Control . . . . .   W38                              Columns     38 -
115
Find  . . . . . .

..4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8....+....9....+....0....+....
1....+
Statement . . . . . . . . . :   4165

To module . . . . . . . . . :   SPRMTDR

To procedure  . . . . . . . :   SendTcpIpSpooledFile

Statement . . . . . . . . . :   145

Message . . . . :   SNDTCPSPLF cannot verify local host name MARINE.

Cause . . . . . :   The Send TCP/IP Spool File (SNDTCPSPLF) command
could not
  find the internet address associated with the local host name for this

  system. The local host name for this system is: 'MARINE' Recovery  . .
. :
  Correct this problem by following one of the steps below, then try the

  request again. - If the local host name is blank (''), the local host
and
  domain name have not been specified for this system. Use menu option
12 of
  the Configure TCP/IP (CFGTCP) command to enter this information. - If
this
  system does not use a remote name server, the host name MARINE must be

  defined in the local host table on this system. Use menu option 10 of
the
  CFGTCP command to add a local host table entry for the host name
MARINE. -
  If this system uses a remote name server, verify that the remote name
server

More...
F3=Exit   F12=Cancel   F19=Left   F20=Right   F24=More keys