From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chuck Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:31 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: CPI2417 Job message queue for xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxx has been wrapped.

Hi Folks,

Had a BIG problem during EOD processing early this morning. In a batch job
the command was issued to shut QINTER down and it hung with ONE stinking
job. This job was spitting out CPI2417 Job message queue for
xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxx has been wrapped. like CRAZY. So our vendor software
checks for QINTER to be down and tries to end it and for some reason that
bombed.

Cut to the chase here, what the heck is going on when one stinking job can
keep QINTER from ending ? This is an iSeries 810 at V5V2.

I have looked that the system values and their settings are as follows:

QJOBMSGQFL - *NOWRAP

QJOBMSGQMX  - 24

QJOBMSGQSZ  - 16

QJOBMSGQTL - 24