From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: 10/09/05 12:57:08
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Trend towards platform specific languages

You confuse quality with perfection, Booth.  Quality is a combination of
good programming techniques (none of this Extreme Programming crap) and
proper testing.

On the other hand, the analog of what you said was taught to me by Roger
Covey: release version 1 of your product with enough features to call it
by the name.  Let the market then decide what other features are needed.
This way, you won't get lost in analysis paralysis trying to create the
perfect program.

But the selection/omission of features is a far cry from releasing code
that doesn't work.  Only a lazy, incompetent and/or unethical programmer
writes code with so many bugs that he can't remove them before release
time.  If you can't write good code, get another job.

Apply your world view to the restaurant industry.  You would be sending
food out undercooked and improperly prepared, and only fixing that food
which was sent back.  Yeah, that's the spirit.

Joe