SAVACT(*SYSDFN) = "Objects in a library can be saved while they are in
use by another job.  Objects in a library may reach
checkpoints at different times and may not be in a consistent state in
relationship to each other."  AFAIK that means Save-While-Active.

At V5R3 I would bet on Pending record changes.  In one case I have had
to end all of our QSQSRVR jobs before the backup to prevent this.  At
V5R2 is the library that's hanging much larger than the others?  Is
SAVACTWAIT *NOMAX?  Is it feasible to check each object in that library
for locks?

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator