From: midrange-l-bounces+schraderj=milwaukeeforge.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+schraderj=milwaukeeforge.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Guy Terry
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:05 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: HP LaserJet 2600n

Should be fairly straight forward this.

The instructions below are taken from IBM Redbook 'IBM AS/400 Printing
V', section 11.2.2.

Do CRTDEVPRT and F4

Then:

 > Device description: The name of your printer (e.g. LJ2600)
 > Device class: *LAN
 > Device type: 3812
 > Device model: 1

[Enter]

Change the 'LAN attachment' parameter to *IP.

[Enter]

 > Port number: is normally '9100' for HP printers.
 > Online at IPL: *YES
 > Font identifier: 11 (is suggested in the RedBook)
 > Form feed: *AUTOCUT

[Enter]

Page Down to:

 > Activation timer: 170
 > Inactivity timer: *SEC15 (or *NOMAX if nothing else will use the
 >    printer)

[Enter] or Page Down until:

 > Manufacturer type, model: *HP5SI
 > Paper source 1: Enter your default paper format (e.g. *A4).
 > Paper source 2: As above
 > Envelope source: If required, or *NONE

Page Down until:

 > Remote location: The IP address of your printer ("192.168.1.50").
 > System driver program: *HPPJLDRV
 > Text 'description': A description for your printer.

[Enter]

And you're done!

You can get the RedBook from: