Hi Rob

sorry, I misunderstood what was going on earlier. I think I know what you mean now: You are saving some stuff on the iSeries direct to tape and during the process it gets interrupted with the message you quoted; at the same time you were running a save using TSM. Is this correct ? It sounds like you are using TSM as a server but not for iSeries data, is this also correct ?

It sounds like there is some contention between the iSeries saves and TSM for the tape drive (which to my knowledge has always been a problem). Is it possible that the TSM saves hit the migration threshold for the disk storage pool which in turn caused TSM to try to migrate data to a tape storage pool ?

Regards
Evan Harris