I may be speaking out of turn here, but isnt 65535 the
ccsid for windows? I am thinking it is because we are
doing some XML through IFS (if that is the right term)
to a Windows file with an embedded pdf and we needed
to put ccsid of 65535 (and back to 37 for other
program parts) in some of the coding.