Von: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Goodbar, Loyd (ETS -
Water Valley)
Gesendet: Montag, 12. September 2005 16:37
An: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Betreff: Data access for non-AS400 devs?

I have a single library's data that a non-AS/400 developer (SQL Server/VB
type) would like to have real-only access. He wants to perform "data mining"
over the data. This is not financial or inventory related but a vendor
supplied maintenance/PM package. He uses Microsoft SQL Server tools
(enterprise manager, query analyzer).

I'm assuming he'll need an AS/400 user ID and security to the library. I'm
only familiar with iSeries Navigator for a GUI view of the database and
running SQL.

How have you handled this situation, what tools are required? How have you
handled this situation, what tools are required?

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Loyd

Loyd Goodbar