From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:44 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Question about COMMON Sessions and Labs

 >> The Regular "LABS"  have a finite number of seats available whereas
the
"OPEN LABS" are limited only to the number of workstations available and
the
number of people currently in the room.

Well Joel is right technically but .... first of all the number of seats
in
the room is the same in both kinds of labs so the limit is really
identical.
In fact in some ways the Open Labs are more limited since it is harder
"sit in" and work with someone else since not everyone starts at the
same
time and they may all be doing different Labs.

More importantly - I don't recall the last time I saw a full Lab room at
COMMON.  Advance registration has killed the "buzz" that used to be
created
by the Lab Reg line ups during registration.  Falling attendance numbers
have reduced the likelihood that all seats will be taken ...

All labs will accept you "at the door" if there is space.  If you cannot
register, just turn up at the door and get yourself on the waiting list
with
the Lab monitor.  99 times out of 100 you are going to get in.

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com
www.RPGWorld.com