midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   2. RE: Pase environment from a batch cl (Scott Klement)
>
>> How can I stop the screen from appearing?  I'm using QP2SHELL to do this,
>> and I did not expect a terminal window to open at all.
>
>It'll display anything from stderr or stdout to your screen.  It's not
>really a terminal like QP2TERM is, it's just a screen where it can show
>the output.

Scott:

I've run across a number of questions similar to "How do I avoid the terminal
display?" I have a strong feeling that I saw an answer in at least one case
that related to environment variable settings, but I don't think it was
directly related to this kind of situation.

However, can you describe how the QIBM_USE_DESCRIPTOR_STDIO environment
variable should be used? What circumstances might it be used within?

I ask in order to get info but also in case it sparks someone else's memory of
a different envvar. Maybe there is an obscure technique out there. (And maybe
not.)

Tom Liotta