Dave,

Customers that I am aware of who have deployed BI natively on the iSeries
successfully include Caterpillar, Hyundai, Boyd Gaming, Wells Fargo and Harley
Davidson.  I am sure if you dropped a note to the ISVs or look at their case
studies online, you could find more success stories.  I bet a quick email would
get you even more.

You are right about BI on the iSeries not getting a lot attention. From what I
have read and heard, IBM recommends AIX as the preferred platform for BI even
for the iSeries.  The Rochester iSeries BI marketing team was dissolved and
even the Dallas BI Competency Center was eliminated.  This is consistent with
IBM standardizing, such as  Linux and AIX as the preferred OS, Java as the
preferred language and WebSphere as the preferred application server.

The other problem with BI on the iSeries is cost.  To put in something like
RODIN, for example, is about twice the price of deploying IBM's solution on
AIX.  And an AIX solution is usually about 5 times as expensive as putting in a
Windows-based solution.  This is just for the software licenses and does not
factor in TCO of course.

Hope this helps...

David deLisi ● DP&E ● 425.706.1899 ● 425.753.4141 (cell)