I am not understanding the early LUG contact and notification issue either. I know both Don and I did start contacting the hosting LUGS in and about the next city as the prior conference was cranking do. Getting several LUGS on conference calls to ask questions on topic and speaker date and evening of Special "Speaker of choice" on site LUG session. As well as discussions on LUG Booth , Expo and other freebies. I admit Chicago was a bit different. As it got nearer a family member was very ill and I could not attend. Our COMMON BoD LUG Liaison covered in my stead.

Since , I past the LUG Chair position on, I am not as close to the Orlando planning, but I have been involved with a few direct FLA. LUG communications as well as other informational calls.I have never seen a member LUG refused a meeting room in the evening beyond the Special LUG session if space was available, if they asked. The LUG committee, has always been open to member requests. IF there is a feeling a pre conference communication addition should be made to ask the hosting LUGs if they want an additional evening meeting room, then please make the request

In all the years I have been part of the LUG Committee, I have only been refuse two requests, and I fully understand why. It does not mean I agree with it but ... Hey when was it your life allowed you to get everything you wanted?

        Glenn