> It has been brought to my attention that my company is being discussed
> in this thread and a lot of false assumptions are being made.

Sir, had you taken as much time to read the thread as you did to compose
your response, you'd have seen that NO assumptions are being made about
Stellar Debris, and that I in particular went far out of my way to make
sure to position any association between midrangenews.com and
midrangenews.net as coincidental.

What I said about Stellar Debris was:

1. They are experienced in web marketing.
2. They created a "mock newspaper".

If either of these statements are false, I'll gladly retract them.  But
neither deserves the tone of your response.

> To correct a few other statements made by others in this thread,
> Stellar Debris does not spam -- in fact we don't even send out
> e-newsletters, updates, or anything of the sort to anyone. Stellar
> Debris is a design agency, not a web marketing company. The majority
> of our work is done in print. When we do produce work for the web, we
> are an ethical company concerned with the privacy of users.

Sir, I never said Stellar Debris was a spammer.  I never said they sent
out anything.  I said they were involved in web marketing and designing
e-newsletters:

"Midrangenews.com is owned by Christopher Jones, who in turn owns
Stellar Debris, a company that specializes in web marketing.  This
includes a "mock newspaper" called the Houston Record, which is a
marketing tool for Bytware.  It gets worse for me, since Stellar Debris
also does work for MC Press, including (drum roll) an "e-Newsletter
template"."

Are any of the above statements untrue?  If so, I suggest you review
your website, since I took most of the phrasing from there.  Oh, maybe
you don't "specialize" in web marketing, but your website says it is one
of your areas of expertise.  So, other than repeating your own words, I
never accused you of anything.

In fact, sir, I specifically stated:

"Just to be clear, I have NO evidence that Stellar Debris has anything
to do with California Software, other than the fact that the spam
allegedly came from midrangenews.com (...)  So without any further
evidence, any association between Stellar Debris and Califronia Software
is circumstantial at best."

> It is very easy to make assumptions but it is also destructive to
slander
> company when you know little about the situation. I respectfully ask
that
> you
> stop spreading accusation of Stellar Debris as being a spammer,
employing
> unethical marketing methods, or having any association with California
> Software
> or MidrangeNews.net.

Since no such accusation was made, I find YOUR allegation of slander to
be in itself slanderous.  I have done nothing to "stop", and in fact
since you chose to respond here in the forums rather than in private
email like the other parties, I would ask for an equally public
retraction of your allegation.

Thank you.

Joe Pluta