Twinax can be a bit flaky compared to hmc and that genre.  Not quite as
reliable.  Follow these steps:
Sign off the twinax session.  Make sure you use Alt-Jump or whatever it is
to make sure that other sessions aren't in use on the same terminal.
On the back of the console, there should be a T connector, or some such
animal.  If there are two pieces of twinax, one coming in, and one coming
out.  You will have to track down the rest of the line and make sure the
rest of the devices are all signed off.  PRTDEVADR may help.  To reconnect
the rest of the devices you'll have to leave the T connector in there or
get a twinax splice.
If there is only one line coming in, and instead of twinax it looks like a
phone wire connected to something called a balun, then you may wish to
disconnect the phone wire going to the balun from the source.  And I don't
mean from a phone jack close to the terminal.  I mean from the 'twinax
booster', distribution panel, or whatever else you are using.
Be careful reconnecting twinax that you don't accidentally push the pins
back into the receptacle.  Seen that happen a lot of times.
Oh, and if you have an old IBM 3196 terminal I would recommend unplugging
it and not using the on/off switch.  They're made of cheap plastic and
will often break.  Went through at least 16 of those that way.

Nope, don't miss twinax at all.