Joel,
just curious, do you have an example of an ALTER TABLE which demonstrates
setting the short field name (EX:       contractor_id for contrac_id int not
null with default(0)).

I can see it done in CREATE TABLE but your code comments imply that ALTER
TABLE has the same function, and I can't make it work.

Elvis