That's different.  That's on the way in, not on the way out.  You fly out
of Cincinatti at 5pm to Los Angeles before 8pm.
Vice versa, you just CANNOT book a flight from Los Angeles to Cincinatti
that leaves between the hours of 2pm and 11:30pm.  As it is, if you leave
at 2pm, you don't arrive in Cincinatti until 11:30pm.
For some reason, it appeals to more people to arrive a day early and get
setup.  But most people like to boogie home asap afterwards.  So unless
you leave your last session nlt 11am you're stranded on the west coast. On
the east coast you can get an extra session in.