As you're intercepting the CRTBND* couldn't you just break this up into
individual CRTxxxMOD and CRTPGM steps.  This should allow you access to the
*MODULE for any last minute fixups (if I'm following you correctly).

As for the CPF5D23 I must admit I ran into the same little problem on my
first attempt :-)  Removing and adding the member cleans it up though.

Bruce Vining

             "Hewitt, Rory"
             <rory.hewitt@xxxx
             Sent by:                  <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange-l-bounce                                          cc
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Re: IBM Precompiler API help
             07/07/2005 03:26
             PM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion

Bruce,

Thanks very much. Your example works for me too, so must be something in
my code... :-(

Perhaps I'm being too tricky - my precompiler runs due to a routing
entry and retrieves the compile message and then calls an RPG program to
copy the source from the specified source member into a work array,
where it's parsed.

The parsing picks up comments in the source which can instruct the
precompiler to change the eventual compile command, run additional CL
commands before/after the compilation, include /COPY members in CL
programs and do scan/replace processing in the source. It then copies
the output source array into a source member in a file in QTEMP. The
original compile command is changed to point to this source member and
the precompiler reroutes the job to QCMDB.

The trouble is, what I wanted was to get to the temporary module before
it's bound into a program and change it (using QLICOBJD) so that it says
that it was created from the original source member, not the temporary
source member.

Perhaps my reading of the file (in your example, the VINING/QCLSRC file)
into the array has changed it sufficiently for the precompiler API to
think that it's changed... Certainly I'm not updating the file in any
way prior to calling the API's.

Anyway, I kind of gave up on that bit - the rest of the precompiler
works fine, so I can have my copied CL source and scan/replace
processing... And as long as I use DBGVIEW(*LIST) I can still debug the
programs.

Thanks a lot for the response...

Rory

p.s. I did find one weird thing. I was running the precompiler on a test
CL source member. It kept giving me the CPF5D23 error, so I gave up.
However, I now can't compile the program at all! Even when I simply use
the CRTBNDCL program with NO precompiler or anything, I still get the
CPF5D23 error message. I assume that the precompiler API's have cached
some data somewhere so whenever I try to compile the member, it thinks
the precompiler API's should still be called...