On 6 Jul 2005 at 11:05, midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> from: "Chris Davidson" <Chris.Davidson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> subject: RE: Send Distribution (SNDDST)
>
> Does anyone know if SNDDST will still work when IBM removes SNA
> support?  Or Am I getting worried over nothing.

I too am curious about when SNA will go away. Or if.

It's definitely being used, as I found out when I was asked to "SNADS
some files over" a few times in the last couple years. Doing it
wasn't nearly as simple as it was made out to be. I had to go hunting
through ancient layers of documentation to figure out how to set up
SNADS over IP.

Now that I'm taking a technical writing class, I'm using that as an
excuse to turn my notes into a simple guide. As this is for a class,
it is literally an academic exercise.

My question is you all: Is it worth taking it out of the classroom?
I'd be happy if I could save just one person the aggravation I went
through.

Pam Phillips