If I understand correctly, you want to combine data from more than one file. Not a join, right? This is usually done with UNIONs

select fields from lib1/file1
union
select fields from lib2/file2
union
select fields from lib3/file3

You can have WHERE and GROUP BY in each SELECT sub-statement.

You can have an ORDER BY, but only one, and it must come at the end.

The fields in each SELECT must be compatible as to data type, but if you mean duplicate files, this is not a problem, right?

Hope I got it right!

Vern