Colin;

This link will get you to the performance management web site.
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/perfmgmt/resource.htm

You can then use the capacity planning tools from IBM to determine if the
Model 800 will have enough interactive capacity.

If you are running out of disk storage, you may want to look at cleaning
up/archiving/deleting data on you current box. You must allow enough system
down time to perform these tasks, depending on several factors the RCLSTG,
RCLTMPSTG, RGZPFM commands can take hours to complete.

How often do you IPL the box?
In general a regular (monthly/Quarterly) IPL will improve performance and
available disk storage.
Using the RCLSTG and/or RCLTMPSTG, in a restricted state just before the IPL
will help but these can be very long running.

Do you have large percentage of deleted records in your files?
Doing a RGZPFM on the files with the largest percentage of deleted records
every quarter/year will improve performance and available disk storage.

There are lots of other things that can be done to free up disk storage,
these usually give you the biggest improvement though.

Duane Christen